MEMO on the On-line Multiplier event for the Becoming Project
Project Number: 2019-1-HU01-KA203-061251
Date: 16th of December 2022
Venue: On-line (Web conference)
Chairs: Witold Bauer (Pol)
Keynote speaker: Witold Bauer
The on-line meeting involved the following agenda:
Schedule of the conference: 16th of December 2022
On behalf of the Medical University of Białystok Project Coordinator, Prof. Adam Krętowski, and the Project Team, invited stakeholders, students, and teachers to the Final Multiplier Event, which was held on Friday, 16th of December from 12.00 – 13.00 (CET).
Participation in the meeting was open to the public via the MS Teams platform.
The presenter's list included experts from the University of Pecs (Hungary), Hasselt University (Belgium) and partners from the hosting organization.
At the beginning of the event, Robert Dudas project manager from the University of Pecs briefly summarized the whole project.
According to his presentation :
the BECOMING project's main aim was to support a change in the landscape related to the availability of well-trained bioinformaticians and biostatisticians. This was achieved by:
- establishing a network of academics from three partner institutions from Eastern, Central, and Western Europe, adequately positioned and capable of preparing educational programs aimed at training biostatisticians and applied bioinformaticians
- exchange of expertise and best practices between the partner institutions
- creating <modular courses> <link to https://becoming2019.com/e_learning/> that can be used in educational programs
- developing the corresponding <e-learning materials> <link to https://becoming2019.com/e_learning/> and their implementation allowing for their immediate use.
The long-term results that were successfully obtained include:
- increased educational potential of the partner institutions in the domain of bioinformatics and biostatistics applied in life sciences
- creation of novel courses in the domain of bioinformatics and biostatistics applied in life sciences at the partner institutions
- foundation for future educational initiatives such as joint programs, student exchange schemes, etc. in bioinformatics and biostatistics applied in life sciences.
- implementation of the new study program “Clinical biostatistics” at the Medical University of Bialystok
The direct beneficiaries of the project are the academic staff and scientists of each partner university, and their master's students pursuing a career as bioinformaticians and biostatisticians.
At the end of this presentation, he emphasized that the BECOMING project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union (Action 2, Projects KA203 - Strategic partnerships for higher education) and ends on 31st December 2022.
According to the agenda in the next section Dr Róbert Herczeg from the Szentágothai Research Centre, University of Pécs, Hungary presented the platform and the e-learning modular courses
After him Prof. Dirk Valkenborg from the Hasselt University, Belgium introduced Machine Learning (IML) course. As a result of the project, the newly completed curriculum supplement was also presented, which will also be uploaded to the Project Result Platform.
Dr Marcin Czajkowski from the Medical University of Białystok was the last presenter. He presented: UNIX and Python introductory and advanced level e-learning materials
After the Multiplier Event, online questionnaires were sent out for feedback
There were 40 participants at the event from several countries.